She is available as a KEYNOTE SPEAKER. As a PRESENTER for workshops and staff development, connecting to the power of story, puppet play, music and movement she brings a unique and workable approach to telling stories and connecting them to CCS (Common Core/State Standards). Mary Jo enjoys speaking for family nights and opening ceremonies. She has been an MC for events across the United States.
Invite Mary Jo to your area to share her passion for children and enjoy their excitement. She will share the fun of wiggles and giggles with a delightful and interactive presentation.
As a KEYNOTE speaker and presenter for SDE (Staff Development for Educators) it has been a privileged to crisscross the country for Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade statewide and national conferences.
Mary Jo has been honored as a Keynote speaker and presenter along with night time storytelling for DLM Express by McGraw Hill, FROG STREET SPLASH, SECA, 4-C, State Reading Associations, Festivals and ASCD. There have been many appearances at state conferences as their Keynote speaker and numerous articles have been written for Early Childhood publications.
Mary Jo has presented at NAEYC, SECA, IRA, ASCD, CHRISTIAN CONFERENCES and HEAD START.
“I cannot thank you enough for inspiring our staff! You make a difference to the folks you come in contact with. Your work has meaning, excitement and most of all fun! It was such a pleasure to meet you and share.”
— Tina Embry, South Central KY Head Start
“It Started with a Sock!” Frog Street, 2016 (Included in the Infant & Toddler publications).
“Storytelling With Puppets, Props and Playful Tales” has been awarded the coveted “PEGASUS” award from the National Storytelling Network, 2nd Edition 2017
“Creative Storytelling” Frog Street, 2010 (included in the Frog Street Pre-K curriculum)
“Story Play: Building Language and Literacy One Story at a Time!” Gryphon House, 2011
“Peeper Power” – join the fun of playing with Peeper puppets! This little book shows the educational fun anyone can create with a pair of Peepers.
- “STORYTELLING FOR KIDS” – NAPPA GOLD
- “CHICKEN FUN!” – iParenting, Dove, Teacher’s Choice awards, KMA (Kids Music Award)
- “PEEPER PIZZAAZZZ!” – iParenting, Dove Award, KMA
- “GETTIN’ LOOSE with MOTHER GOOSE and SOME OF HER SILLY FRIENDS” – Dove, KMA
- “SNAP, CLAP, WIGGLE & GIGGLE” 2016 Mom’s Choice Award – CD & Booklet (filled with song words, Extensions, Book Connections and Vocabulary Boost
- “Fairy Tales, Fantasy, and Storytellin’ Fun!” – Dove, NAPPA, Kid’s First awards
- “Storytelling Tips, Techniques, and Tools”– A learn how to do it hour filled with information about storytelling, puppets and how to have fun with language. The DVD received the “PARENTS CHOICE” approval.
Learn easy-to-imitate ways to turn novice storytellers into captivating experts. You will learn how to develop a storytelling curriculum that suits your specific classroom needs and is flexible enough for all listening levels. See the “Eency Weency Spider” in action.
Groups of children and adults have become captivated with these easy ways to present storytelling and they find a new excitement for literature. All learn how to turn ordinary props and puppets into dynamic teaching tools and they sharpen listening and pre-reading skills, phonemic awareness, speaking, writing and thinking skills.
FULL DAY or HALF-DAY ••• MAKE/TAKE included
- Keynote Presentations
- Conference Speaker
- School Presentations
- Educational Entertainer
- Visiting Author
- Staff Development
- In-service and Seminars for Teachers
- Child Care Providers
- Family Child Care
- School visits for students (Half Day and Full Day)
- Residencies and Family Night Entertainment
- Libraries, Family Literacy Groups
- Title 1, Step Ahead, Head Start, Reading First
Call, write, or email Mary Jo at email@example.com for availability and fee schedule.
- NAEYC (National Association for the Education of the Young Child)
- SECA (Southern Early Childhood Association)
- IAEYC (Indiana Association for the Education of the Young Child)
- EAEYC & 4 C (Evansville, IN)
- NSN (National Storytelling Network)
- RIVERTOWN STORYTELLERS * Co-founder
- PUPPETEERS OF AMERICA
- INTERNATIONAL READING ASSOC.
- CMN (Children’s Music Network)
- SCBWI – Indiana and National